Psychosocial Consultancy Services
The Mandala Foundation offers tailored consultancy services assisting humanitarian and emergency organisations to develop, enhance and sustain their own in-house systems of staff support.
Our consultancy services include:
- Psychosocial Risk Management Assessments and Audits – measurement and assessment of psychosocial risks and practices for employees and volunteers
- Psychosocial Recruitment Consultancy – tailored psychosocial risk management approach to recruitment to maximise retention and fit
- Psychosocial Preparation and Injury Prevention – psychological pre- and post-deployment briefing/debriefing programs; staff care system review, monitoring and evaluation
- Counselling Review and Strategy – review current counselling services and make recommendations in the interests of improved mental health and wellbeing
All our consultancy services can be tailored to meet the needs of particular organisations or groups of staff. Facilitators can travel to meet the needs of organisations in Australia or internationally. For more information on tailored consultancy options, please contact us.
Psychosocial Risk Management Assessments and Audits
Psychosocial risk assessments and audits involve a systematic assessment and evaluation of the anticipated psychosocial risks for staff and volunteers being deployed overseas on various assignments.
The assessment seeks to systematically measure the perceived psychosocial risks, organisational strengths, gaps and potential for improving staff care and psychosocial support. The audits are interactive and driven by the actual deploying staff and volunteers.
Such systemic interventions aim to proactively reduce psychosocial risks such as burnout, psychological fatigue, post-traumatic stress and psychological injury for the humanitarian workforce.
Psychosocial Recruitment Consultancy
Our award-winning psychosocial risk management approach to recruitment can be tailored to an organisation’s needs to dramatically enhance retention and fit for a particular role or context.
A typical recruitment consultancy process involves:
- Consultation to map needs and design, including an initial contextual analysis of organisation, role and location
- Definition of key constructs being measured
- Collaborative psychosocial (as well as technical) competency mapping for roles
- Summary matrix of multiple methods for measuring each required competency
- Design of multiple assessment activities informed by the psychosocial and technical competency requirements (which may include an assessment centre, simulations or similar)
- Summary of indicators and observable behaviours for each activity as evidence of each required competency
- Delivery and briefing information for observers and/or facilitators.
Recruitment consultancy activities can be tailored for groups or delivered on an individual basis in support of strengthening an organisation’s existing recruitment practice.
See also: tailored training.
Psychosocial Preparation and Injury Prevention
Practical support is provided to help organisations implement staff care programs, including hands-on preventative psychological training for managers and staff. Managers and supervisors are equipped with skills in preventing psychosocial injury for staff and volunteers.
Counselling Review and Strategy
The Mandala Foundation has been contracted by Fiji Health Sector Support Program, an Australian Government initiative, to undertake a review of the current counselling services in Fiji in consultation with key stakeholders. We will provide a comprehensive review paper to assist the Ministry of Health and Medical Services to better plan, fund and manage counselling services for the people of Fiji in the interests of improved mental health and wellbeing.
The Mandala Foundation is able to conduct similar reviews of counselling and staff support services for organisations and government tenders. Please contact us for more information.
To book a consultancy or to enquire about any of our services, please email [email protected] or call (+61 3) 9005 0808.
Resoundingly, applicants feel that the process Mandala Foundation has in place helps prepare them for the day-to-day realities of living and working in Timor. For those caregivers who go on to take up appointments in Timor-Leste, the ongoing support provided by Mandala Foundation on the ground in Dili is invaluable.Anthea Ramos